Crypto giveaways have sparked several debates on social media crypto communities in the past few years. Unsurprisingly, people wonder if crypto giveaways are real! Who gives away valuable assets or even money to some random people they have never met? Does it really make sense?
The simple truth is that giveaways are real. However, just like almost everything else, some crypto giveaways are fake.
Contrary to what many people think, giveaways are not “purposeless,” free gifts at the expense of the giver. Instead, crypto giveaways are essential community-building tools that can be used to appreciate an active community, reward members of a community, and, most importantly, as a free, word-of-mouth marketing tool.
By organizing giveaways on social media, several projects or individuals can amass new followers, thereby increasing social presence and visibility.
Some common giveaways in crypto communities:
· Whitelist Spots: A whitelist is a list of pre-approved applicants who can participate in an ICO, a private sale, or mint a non-fungible token before it becomes publicly available. Giving a select few people the chance to partake in a pre-sale is an opportunity to get them ridiculously cheap before it hits the public market.
· Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs): Some crypto communities give away their minted NFTs for free to build a community. If only one person holds 100% of the collections in an NFT project, it may not become popular. However, when the collectibles are distributed among a couple of people, it becomes a community that can be further developed to become high value.
· Tokens: Giving away tokens is the most common crypto giveaway type. When tokens are given away for promotional reasons, they are called airdrops. These airdrops involve sharing a certain percentage of a newly minted token to many people to get a large number of token holders who would serve as community members.
Typically, giveaways and airdrops involve simple social media tasks like liking, retweeting, following, and sharing. This helps to organically promote the Project or individual for greater visibility.
Below are security tips for identifying and protecting yourself from fake giveaways:
· It is a scam if you are asked to send certain tokens or money to “claim” a giveaway. Giveaways are free and at almost no cost to the recipient, unless in a whitelist, you have to participate in a private sale.
· When you get exciting giveaway offers in your email, don’t be in a hurry to click the links. You could be a target for phishing.
· Whenever you are participating in a whitelist’s private sale, do adequate research to ascertain the legitimacy of the giveaway, like ensuring that their social media followers are real and not bought, never mint NFTs with your primary wallet that holds all your assets, review whitepapers thoroughly, don’t share your private keys, etc.
The CCTIP Giveaway tool allows all CCTIP users to create a giveaway with their choice of rules and regulations. In addition, the giveaway tool has an automatic task verification system that ensures that nobody is cheating. All entries are automatically verified, and those who fail to meet the set requirements will be disqualified.
· Fair Draw: The CCTIP giveaway tool runs the draw with a fair algorithm that can be verified and back-tested. It works by creating a Participant ID (PID) for each participant and assigning them a random number.
The algorithm runs a computation to select the winning PIDs; since the numbers are generated randomly, no one, not even the giveaway creator, can manipulate the results to favor any participant.
· Compatible with Social Media Tasks: If your goal for organizing giveaways is for community building, then the CCTIP giveaway tool is optimal. With the giveaway tool, you can set tasks to grow your community by asking participants to follow and join your social media pages, like and retweet your posts, and do more.
Of course, the CCTIP giveaway tool will monitor the task progress of each participant by getting sign-in access to ensure that only people who complete the task are selected.
· Automatic Distribution: The CCTIP giveaway tool helps you save your time by automatically distributing the tokens to the selected winners. Of course, you can choose to do it manually if you would like to be a part of the process.
So, if you intend to giveaway tokens, a whitelist spot, NFTs, or any other crypto-related giveaway, the CCTIP giveaway tool is your best bet.
HOW TO CREATE A GIVEAWAY VIA CCTIP?
Now create provably fair contests, giveaways, and campaigns with multiple draw methods. CCTIP provides the easiest way to organize giveaways and airdrops with simple and easy bot instructions.
When an organizer creates a giveaway, they are provided with a link, which they can share with all intending participants. All you need to do is, click on the link and complete all necessary tasks before the deadline, and voila! You’re set.
CCTIP is the best custodial wallet that provides you with many cool features that you won’t find anywhere else! For example, with the CCTIP wallet, you can organize airdrop games and tip tokens to your friends/community members FOR FREE.
CCTIP does not charge any deposits, withdrawals, and token swaps fees. Therefore, using the CCTIP wallet is absolutely FREE!