· CRO has rebranded from Crypto.com coin to Cronos.
· CRO use cases, features, and details
Cronos (CRO), the native token of Crypto.com and the Cronos network, has now been listed on CCTip. Crypto.com is a top Centralized Exchange, boasting over 10 million customers, spread in 90 countries. In November 2021, Crypto.com developers launched the Cronos Mainnet for several utilities on the Cronos network, Crypto.com exchange, and DeFi services.
Despite being available for only a few months, the Cronos network is one of the fastest-growing ecosystems, and this article brings you insights into critical details.
What is Cronos?
Cronos (CRO) is the native token of the Cronos network – A decentralized, open-source EVM compatible sidechain to the Crypto.org chain to allow interoperability to the chain. Cronos network also scales the crypto.org chain by enabling high-speed and low-cost transactions. In addition, the Cronos network facilitates interoperability with IBC-Enabled (Inter-Blockchain Communication Enabled) Chains.
Cronos was initially created as the Crypto.com coin in 2018 but rebranded to Cronos in 2021, with the birth of the Cronos network, reflecting its decentralized nature and wide-range adoption
Cronos Core Features
· PoA Consensus Mechanism: Transactions on the Cronos network are validated with the PoA consensus mechanism, allowing rapid transactions and easy scalability.
· EVM-Compatibility: Cronos is powered by Ethermint; hence, it easily allows smart contracts or dApps deployed on the Ethereum network or other EVM-Compatible chains.
· Interoperability and Bridging: Cronos network allows interoperability with other IBC-Enabled chains like Cosmos, Terra, Osmosis, Juno, etc.
· Scalability: Being a Layer-0 chain, Cronos helps to solve scalability issues when deploying smart contracts.
CRO Token Information Sheet
· Token Name: Cronos
· Token Symbol: CRO
· Blockchain: Cronos
· Token Type: Utility and Governance
· Circulating Supply: 25,263,013,692 CRO
· Total Supply: 30,263,013,692 CRO
CRO token was launched fairly to the secondary market. No presale or ICO.
CRO token is used to pay transaction fees on the crypto.org network, Cronos network, and trading fees on the crypto.com exchange. In addition, it is used for governance and staking on the Cronos network and used for DeFi services on crypto.com.
You can now use it on CCTIP to swap it with your favorite tokens, send/ receive tips through social networks and send or grab airdrops with fun games!
All of this with a low transaction fee on the chain!
You can also use CCTIP to check any token price and token info. Simply click on the token name, scroll down and click 'Price Chart.' You will see a clear trend of the price like below:
How to receive and store CRO tokens?
You can receive an ERC-20 CRO token using your CCTip wallet.
Among tokens created by Centralized Exchanges, it has the second-largest market cap behind BNB (similar use cases with Binance Chain and Binance Smart Chain). Moreover, the CRO token is poised to grow, as it is used for payment and financial services by over 10 million people.
We hope you have been updated with important information and insights about our new listing, CRO. So, deposit some CRO tokens today, and share them with your community members with the CCTip bot. Then, please join our community for more details, questions, and further discussion.